Tuesday 10 November 2015

Civilization bulwarks




Nobility has its own rules in any field… for example, if your rival stumbled or fell down away from your own deed, you shall not attack him…That’s exactly what I feel while writing these lines…as in last week’s article, I’ve already promised the reader to continue discussing the issue of relation tying capital to journalists and them both to journalism… I also mentioned that I will focus on what Dr. Charles Megalli, professor of Cardiology and elite knowledgeable national intellectual, wrote on Facebook regarding the newspaper of Almasry alyoum and the role of Salah Diab; its owner… however, things went different than expected.

I’ve already discussed with Eng. Salah Diab my concerns and what I claim have become a negative idea perceived by readers – I won’t say many or few -… I also gave example of what Dr. Charles wrote when Salah Diab asked me to send him the opinion of Dr. Megalli… I sent it already last week… I also confirmed I will publish it literally because I’m convinced with many ideas included in it… I also noted I may move to another newspaper!

Today, Salah Diab is going through a hardship that does not allow me to nail him or even say a word of what I was willing to say if he was free and have the final word in the newspaper of Almasry alyoum and capable of replying to me!

I disagree – along with many who adopt the same intellectual and political stance – with Eng. Salah Diab’s orientations and on the role of local capital in the current Egyptian situation and its stance towards Egypt’s renovation and renaissance… this article in Almasry alyoum newspaper has already witnessed many instances of disagree and hot debate running between us regarding many issues! Such disagree and sheer opposite stances were deep rooted in many sides… however, what is more important is man…

Man that should not – under any pretext – be terrified or violate his humanity or underestimate it… not he or his family… I know it because I’ve already been through the same situation before when I was chased and my father and mother’s home in Tanta was raided in search for me… I know the suffering resulted from that, although I was then accused due to my political and intellectual stance as stated in the accusation decree of case no. 100 for the year 1977, higher national state security… I was accused of “delivering lectures and seminars criticizing then-president; Sadat, and used to say there was no democracy… etc.”.

I will not foresee here the results of the investigations or interfere in the judicial authority work… but in the same time, I will not stop discussing the role of local capital and Egyptian capitalists in the renaissance of our country and the effect of that on the rest of people and on Egypt’s interests itself… Not because I, in addition to all those who are convinced with the same thing as me, possess deeds of patriotism or stamps of honor and integrity... since everyone is patriotic unless otherwise proved by legal ways… and because conflict of ideas and roles is the thing that guarantees progress whenever this conflict is properly run…

The second issue I want to tackle in this article is that of the declared vicious war against our country… those who staged this war want to break the will of the current Egyptian experiment like their ancestors did with Muhammed Ali and Gamal Abdel Nasser…

For long centuries, they didn’t want Egypt to be ruled by a man with a strong will and vision and who has the capacity to relentlessly exert all efforts to bring his vision to reality… with a clear conscience, I can say that Abdel-Fattah es-Sisi is a ruler of that kind with will, vision and capacity.

We can disagree on some aspects of that vision or even some many disagree this vision exists in the first place but I believe no one disagrees on the fact that there is an evil plan aiming at breaking our beloved Egypt and turning it into another Somalia and that this plan is being executed with noticeable ferocity… And that there are powers on the domestic level that are connected to that plan voluntarily, whether they are aware or heedless of this… I also believe that resisting this plan was, has become and will be a duty on all Egyptians who are aware of what is happening.

Many powers have stood against Egypt and have participated in empowering tardiness factors controlling our social powers, starting from progress-inhibiting customs and traditions and not ending by networks of corruption, negligence, self-interest and different kinds of struggles.

In my opinion, resistance – by building what I call social, political and cultural civilization bulwarks – has to start to take shape by layering courses of bricks building these bulwarks… finally, May God save us all… He; the most merciful.


This article was published in Almasry alyoum newspaper on November 10, 2015.

To see the original article, go to:


#almasry_alyoum #ahmed_elgammal

No comments:

Post a Comment